I started this project last year and finally managed to finish it. It is a mini album made from coffee filters which are dressed and decorated with designer papers and chipboards for covers. I have even added tags in between the paged for added interest. Here is how it turned out.
Front cover decorated with die-cut paper flowers.
Lovely page spread including an interesting tag in between the pages.
Ditto. Love the ornate die from Prima Marketing.
Some close-up details.
Another spread with pocket and tags.
Butterfly and banner details in this page. Love the paper from Finnabair. Lovely colors.
Here I added a different shape to my middle tag using a different die-cut. So this is a versatile scrapbook with lots of possibilities. If you are interested in making a similar mini, here is how you do it.
1) I used the coffee filter packaging as templates for front and back chipboard covers.
2) The coffee filters were used as bases for the individual pages. I used 4 coffee filters. I drew the shape on designer paper, then cut and pasted them on each side of the filter.
3) I left the inside of each filter open for tags.
4) I used a coffee filter as a template for the tags inside the pockets but trimmed them by a 1/4 inch or 2 cms all around so that they fit.
5) I bound the mini album with a bind-it-all, but you can use your favorite binding system.
If you like this post, do leave me a comment.
I’m giving away this beautiful album to a lucky winner! You will be chosen from my subscriber list for the month of January 2015. To subscribe, simply enter your e-mail in the left sidebar. The winner will be announced in the beginning of February. Good luck!